Saturday, February 14, 2009

Meet Devin

Hi, my name is Devin and I’m 11 years old. I’m going to Haiti with my mom and step-dad. I have never been on a mission trip or out of this country before so I’m a little nervous and excited! When my mom and step-dad went before they talked so much about it when they came home and I decided that is what I would want to do, go to Haiti. My biggest concern is that when I go the poverty and other sights my take over and I will freak out!

When I go I am hoping to help out as much as I can! Our mission trip is for helping out on the land, building and cleaning up. I am looking forward to playing with the kids; I don’t know what they will think of me at first but I hope they will like me. When I go to Haiti I want to help!

“On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich foods for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine- the best of meats and the finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers our nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.” Isaiah 25:6-8

“Devin picked this bible verse herself as she felt God was talking about wiping out poverty and hunger…” Devin’s Mom Karen

3 comments:

  1. Great job Devin! I'm proud of you, Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear devin,
    me and my church will pary for you and your famiily and the church. this is kristine and jimmy. i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin,
    I am really proud of you for wanting to help others in such a special way! God will use you to help others know him -- you go girl!!
    Miss Joanie

    ReplyDelete