Thursday, May 14, 2009

Devin's Week At a Glance



Hi all! I m having a blast in Haiti! I’m excited to come home and see you all, but I wish I could stay longer! Today is day 6 out of 7, and today we are going to a souvenir lady on a beach. Here is what happened this week:

Day 1

  • Took the bus ride to Jacmel, (had a little nap)
  • Just hung out the rest of the day

Day 2

  • Met the kids @ HCH (Haitian Children’s Home)
  • Went to the land (purchased by our church)
  • Went to the beach (SO MUCH FUN!!)
  • Water felt perfect (not too hot, not too cold)

Day 3

  • Went to a blazing hot church for 3 hours!
  • Rode on the Jimmy (truck) yesterday…. (On top of a car on a platform)
  • Ate mangos (small ones, DELICIOUS!)

Day 4

  • Went to the Mangine’s house today
  • Did some projects

Day 5

  • Went to beach again with Gwenn Mangine, her daughter Nia, and Emily from our group
  • Found some really cool shells, sea glass, rocks, coral, and a crab claw
  • Went back to HCH after dinner where we had goat…(it was actually yummy!)
  • Said goodbye to the HCH kids (I’m gonna miss ‘em!)

Day 6

  • Today we are going to finish up some work
  • Going to a souvenir lady later
  • Going to a Haitian restaurant
  • Leaving tomorrow

I have had so much fun on this trip, I can’t wait to get back and share my stories with everyone! <3

- Devin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Devin...what a great week you've had! Sounds like wonderful memories and lasting friendships have be made. I'm so proud of what you're doing for the folks there and can't wait to see you on Saturday! Looking forward to your call from the airport on Friday. I love you with all my heart! Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi devin! im glad your having fun and i cant wait to see you! i really miiss you! tell everyone i said hi!
    love....
    KELSEY!

    ReplyDelete