Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meet Karen...


Wow…can it be just 3 days away? I can’t believe just a few hours until I embark on my 2nd trip to Haiti. I’ve been meaning to get this written and posted since I started this blog but there has always been an excuse. My first trip to Haiti was almost a year ago when I went with my husband and life group. It was my first mission trip and I would say my first REAL life experience and it was so impactful that I am still wondering how God is going to intertwine Haiti and my life in the future. The children of Haiti, not just the ones at The Haitian Children’s Home, but the kids we taught at the VBS up in the mountains just crawled inside my heart and refuse to leave. I know that as soon as I set foot on Haitian soil, I won’t want to leave.

This time when Anthony and I go back down we are taking my 11 year old daughter Devin. I have to admit I’m a little anxious for her but so excited. I want her to know that GOD IS GOOD and that he can do wonderful things through people including 11 year olds. I want her to know that you don’t have to live in a big house and have lots of stuff to be happy. Love, Faith and GOD can be enough.

Keep reading and keep praying, more to come…

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    This is April. My dad gave me the adress. But i dont see his Blog post. He still hasnt done one? I keep praying that your flight will be safe and you all will too. Love you, Dad & Devin,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    I hope you have a good flight tomorrow. I'll be praying for you and your family everyday. I'm going to miss you at life group next week. Be safe, share your amazing heart with those kids and keep us posted. Send pictures if you can.
    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete