Friday, May 8, 2009

They're off!

The looks on their faces are priceless! Sheer exhaustion from getting up early enough to meet the carpool at church at 3:15am combined with indescribable excitement about what awaits them after the next several hours of travel. This is the day they have all worked so hard to get to. Hours of support raising, fundraisers, service projects and gathering of prayer partners...not including packing the 18 bags of supplies for the home and families living in Jacmel, Haiti have led to this moment, the moment where they receive their boarding passes, go through security and wait for the plane to depart. In about 9 hours they will exit the aircraft door, stand on platform at the top of the stairs and for the first time ever breathe in Haiti. After immigration they will gather those 18 bags, and go through customs, board a bus and drive 2 1/2 hours through some of the most beautiful land I have ever laid my eyes upon, to arrive in Jacmel, just in time for Friday night church! I have to admit, that even though I get to crawl back in my bed in a few minutes to make up for sleep lost with the 3am airport ride isn’t enough to overtake the disappointment that I too am not on that plane!

The journey this team is about to embark upon is unlike any other. Never again in history will this experience be duplicated as it is. No team is alike, and that in itself is thrilling. Over the next several days as they help with some remodeling projects with the homes, and as they taste, smell, hear, and touch Haiti they will experience God in a new way, and be changed.

I thank you for committing to pray for this team as they travel. All 150 of you are a vital part of this journey. Your prayers and your encouragement have gotten them this far, and will continue to sustain them in this journey. In an effort to keep from crowding your inbox, I won’t send a daily email, but instead I encourage you to visit this blog to see what their prayer needs might be. Any travel glitches, stories, pictures etc will be posted on this blog.

Thanks for remembering, Anthony Bruno, Devin Campbell, Karen Campbell, Nicole Duncan, Emily Formicola, Johnna Hinton, Travis Hinton, Ashley Hoffman, and Andrea Petkau this week. They couldn’t do this without you.

Peace,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Praying for the team! My cube mates better come back ready to work. I will miss them in alot of ways!!! - Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having pretty much the same flight times myself just a few weeks ago I hve found myself praying during the day for each part of their journey. Like you Pam I wish I had been on that plane. I am excited for them about how God is about to explode in their lives.
    And.... I hope they packed some motion sickness pills for the bus ride :)

    ReplyDelete