Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tool Time with Anthony Bruno


Hello family & friends. I want to let you know that I’m doing great and time is going too fast. It’s Wednesday and we have accomplished so much. There’s no comparison to this trip from last years. I feel very useful and I’m thankful I can give back. Each one of us has a very special gift to contribute. Mine is to make things more efficient. I know HCH & the kids are important, but without the people who run it there are a lot of little tasks that are over looked. I feel like everything I repair or correct will make their lives a little better.

My experience with fixing things down here is not always a simple task. It’s not like you can go to Home Depot and purchase what you need. The hardware store doesn’t have everything. It can be very frustrating. For instance…we needed washers and the clerk said, “We don’t have them.” I said to myself, “You have to be kidding me.” I kept thinking to myself – you’re in Haiti – so I’ve just been going with the flow and moving on. I’m very thankful for the people in this group that are here. We started off as strangers less than a year ago. We have grown together so fast before and during this trip. I consider them my family and I love them. I will be sad when this trip comes to an end, but I know that we really made a difference in people’s lives and that makes me happy…I want to say I love and miss my family and can’t wait to see you. I also want to say I LOVE YOU April & Kelsey!

-Anthony

8 comments:

  1. Great picture Anthony. It was good for a few laughs. I'll remember that for the future. Cinnabon and I miss you all very much.(I'm sure the kitties do too. They just aren't as obvious.) I hope everything goes well and we'll see you in a few days.
    May the Lord be with you, Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss you too! You handy-dandy man!!! cant wait to see u, i kinda wish i didnt have to go to Hilton Head this weekend so i could greet u when u get back! But i hope u do come home safly! Love lots, April

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you to and miss you! i cant wait to see you,Devin and mommy on saturday! i hope your having lots of fun! Tell everyone i said HI!
    love
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."

    "In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love."

    Both quotes by Mother Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Bruno! Looks like once again you are in your element! We missed you and Karen last night and are looking forward to hearing all about your week when you are back (are you coming back?! Please make Karen get on the plane, ok?)
    Love,
    Em & Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that everything is going well. Our prayers are with you and your family and for a safe trip home. Love, Mom Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwenn's mom here..did you install the new kitchen faucet in her palace uh...i mean home? Just curious to know if I bought something that would work.
    Hug my grandbabies for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Bruno!!! We've been thinking and praying about you all.

    The Schwerin Family

    ReplyDelete